Tatcha Obento Box : Review

I have been wanting to try Tatcha for a while now because I've only read positive reviews so when www.mecca.com.au/tatcha released their Holiday collections I bit the bullet and purchased the limited edition Skincare For Makeup Lovers - Obento Box which contained Luminous Dewy skin, Silk Canvas. Violet-C Radiance Mask and the Water Cream.

I did intend to post this review in 2018 but time got away from me so here it is and hope you enjoy.


Tatcha is actually an American company but take their inspiration from Japanese botanical's and use a traditional, holistic approach to skincare. It's founder, Victoria Tsai went to Kyoto and discovered ancient and traditional beauty secrets that Geisha's have used for years with amazing qualities and which produce wonderful results. It helped her own skin condition and so began the creation of Tatcha.



Ths Obento box has Four of Tatcha's best selling products and my fave by far is the water cream.


Tatcha Water Cream

This cream literally feels like you've splashed water onto your face. The cream formula has a very thin consistency and when you rub it into your face it feels like water. It's such a refreshing feeling and I am loving it at the moment as we are having a heat wave and putting on other moisturizers and serums just makes me sweat profusely so this water cream is a godsend.


Benefits of this cream other than the extreme hydration is it also has Anti-Aging properties. Once applied my skin doesn't feel sticky and it absorbs right into the skin. It doesn't have a strong fragrance or feel tacky on my skin and feels absolutely amazing.


I am almost out of this cream and really debating if I should spend the $99.00 on the full size as budget is tight at the moment but I also love it. Anyone want to donate it to me I'll be happy to take it LOL.

You really need to try this cream so next time you go into a Mecca store, Go to the Tatacha stand and test it out for yourself. I promise you'll love it.

Available from Mecca RRP $104.00 50ml

Luminous Dewy Skin Mist

The luminous Dewy Skin mist is another great product which you can use under or on top of your makeup to give a glowing, dewy skin look. It's a really great moisturizer and sprays a very fine silky mist which is hydrating and make the skin appear more luminous. You may have recently seen Kim Kardashian's makeup artist using it as a face base and if it's good enough for KIM K, It's good enough for me.


I noticed that when I applied it under my makeup looked flawless and everything seemed to blend really easily so I actually use it as a primer when I want a dewy look. This mist contains so many great botanicals as well as hydraluronic acid so not only does it help my skin but also makes my makeup look good too.

I use 2-3 spritz's of the spray depending on how my skin is feeling and it covers my whole face so a little goes  long way.

Available from Mecca RRP $73.00 40ml or $30.00 for 5ml

Skin Canvas

Silk Canvas is an Anti-Pollution balm which aims to help protect the skin from environmental stress like pollution etc, so that the skin can continue to fight wrinkles and dullness. This also helps keep your skin tone even making it look healthier. It is actually made of pressed silks and feels so luxe on the skin.

This balm is actually hand poured while it's in liquid form in Japan which is why it looks so perfect in the compact.


This balm is a multi-tasker becuase it actually helps Blurs the look of pores and fine lines, nnd also Primes, so can be used as a makeup primer which helps makeup application appear smooth and flawless, Protects, works as a barrier between your skin and makeup so it doesn't clog your pores and cause skin break outs and pimples and lastly my fave, Anti-aging, as with a lot of Tatcha products, this balm contains a trio of Japanese superfoods made up of Green Tea, Rice and Algae.

This feels really creamy when you use it and has a pleasant scent. It doesn't feel sticky and makes my skin feel quite smooth. I like that this protects my skin while blurring my pores and helps my makeup application.

This is suitable for all skin types.

Available from Mecca RRP $80.00 20g


Violet-C Radiance Mask

Violet-C Radiance mask is actually and Anti-Aging mask. It contains 2 types of Vitamin C which provides protection from UV damage making skin appear brighter and evens out skin tone. Due to the superfruits in this formula it really maximizes the Vitamin C compounds.


When rinsed off, This mask aims to remove dead skin cells and gross nasties which is supposed to make skin appear brighter and help new healthy skin cells develop.


I've now used this mask s few times and while the mask absorbs into my skin quickly I didn't notice a huge difference in the appearance, but the texture of my skin felt smoother after use. I still have some product left so  I will continue to use it but this is my least fave out of all the products.

Available from Mecca RRP $104.00 50ml

Overall I liked all these products and would  repurchase the Water Cream, Skin Canvas balm and the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist but probably wouldn't buy the mask again unless I managed to get it on sale because I really did like it but can't afford it.



I hope you have enjoyed my review on the Tatcha Obento Box and let me know what you think by  leaving me a comment below.

Happy skin everyone.

Melissa xx

Comments

Post a Comment